To our Valued Guests,
We are looking forward to your upcoming visit, and we want your visit to be everything you expect. To that end, we would like to update you on area closures and some new hotel policies.
Alpine has only recently experienced its first wave of COVID 19 cases. Some closures and service changes at local restaurants and businesses are likely. We advise calling ahead to check with specific businesses in regard to hours and services.
Big Bend National Park will partially reopen for day use only on August 7th. https://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm.
All state parks that can be, are open for day use and limited camping. Reservations can be made online or by calling. Click here for more information: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/
The McDonald Observatory remains CLOSED until further notice. The Museum of the Big Bend at Sul Ross is open Tuesday-Friday from 10am-4pm.
Most bars in town, that do not serve food, remain closed due to the Governors more recent orders.
Some restaurants may be closed or have modified hours due to the recent outbreak. We recommend you call ahead for reservations or check their website/social media before your arrival.
The Century Bar & Grill is open for Patio Dining & Take-Out. Please visit our Facebook page for immediate updates, hours, and menu changes: https://www.facebook.com/CenturyBarAndGrill.
For your safety and the safety of our staff the hotel has implemented the following changes.
– Masks are REQUIRED in all public areas (outside your hotel room).
– We are not offering daily housekeeping service for multi-night stays.
– We are no longer offering our grab and go breakfast or self serve coffee in the morning.
– To minimize contact, our front desk will be practicing social distancing by offering self check in and self check out. Desk hours are 8am-3pm.
– To help prevent the spread of COVID 19, we ask that you please not congregate in public areas, including the lobby, patio, and hallways.
– Our pool, at The Maverick Inn, will remain closed until further notice.
– On request of our local health authority, any guest who becomes ill during their stay will be asked to leave within 12 hours.
– At this time we are NOT accepting Cash payments for any room, retail, or restaurant purchases.
Please contact our front desk at 432-837-2800 for any other questions.
The Holland Hotel